Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ever Heard of a Flip-Flopper?

I am sure y'all have figured out by now that I am a bit of a flip-flopper. No it's not a type of fish, or a sandal,  it is this undesirable character trait to try something, decide it ain't working(too quickly), and changing it....again, kinda deal.

I am now back to re-analyzing my numbers again. I am stable one day, high the next, like a flippin roller coaster!  Hence me pulling out the Dr Berntstein's Diabetes Solution  and reading it with a magnifying glass this time.

I flip-flop with my diet. I flip-flop with my insulin. I flip-flop with the way I deliver my insulin. What the hell!  Stop it already-I am yelling at my self.  Don't worry not aloud. 

I flip-flop with blog writing, and ultimately do it anyways.  I am sorry if I am confusing to follow, trust me I am torturing not only to you,  but also to the people that surround me on a daily basis.

Okay, I have stuck to some major decisions in my life; my commitment to my wife, my commitment to my career, although I have had many different type of jobs in the same field, but I am still in the field.

I have always enjoyed Muay Thai, never flip-flopped on that.  Too much fun!

But when it comes to diabetes, I need to pick a plan and trial stick with it. Enough with the rapid cyclical trialing of insulin, pump, MDI, back and forth, variable carbohydrate intake, etc. 

I have written about Pro Carb or Low Carb? in a past post, and I have trialed the low carb approach with amazing results. It is obvious to me what needs to be done, I just need to do it.

Well at least for more then a week.

Please tell me I am not completely mad; are there any other PWD that flip-flop???

Trev