Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Letter of Resignation

Dear Diabetes.


I am writing this letter to inform you that I've had enough. I have been in your company for 28 years now. I have faced many challenges and learned a lot about my self through our experience together.

I have learned to be brave. I have learned to handle my fears of what can happen when I refuse to abide by your rules and rigid guidelines. 

Early on, the time with your company was difficult. I hated you. I hated the fact that I was different and that I worked for you 24 hours a day. You were a terrible company to work for. 

I learned to accept your management style over time. I learned about the company of "Diabetes" I understood your methods, what I needed to do to survive in your organization.  It was a challenging journey to say the least. 

When I look back, I am grateful that your company introduced new technology, as this gave me the tools to succeed. 

I learned to multitask, be assertive, knowledgeable regarding health. I learned to not be hard on my self when your company made sudden changes. I guess I am a better person in a lot of ways thanks to my experience with you.

However, I regretfully inform you that I must move on. Seek new opportunities.

Consider this letter, a formal resignation from the Company (Diabetes) as of.....

Wait a minute, I forgot, I don't have the option to resign.  That makes me sad....

Trev



6 comments:

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

If you cant resign Trev, just "work" from home and dont go into the office! Dont reply to any of his memos either...He'll still be there but you wont have to face him head on,
I think I'm rambling now...

Donna said...

It makes me sad, too.

But alas... if the company wont let you quit, then just give 'em hell while you are there! :)

Jen said...

BIG SIGH!!!!

Unknown said...

Bahahaha! I like Gerry's advice!

Lora said...

funny!

Anonymous said...

Nice letter, Trev. Written too many of those drafts myself.