Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Night Summary

AKA the Day was too busy to write an original blog.

On a positive note, my 6 year old type 1 came up to me tonight while shopping in the bread section of the local grocery store and said "Dad I think I am low" Now most parents would probably be "Oh crap" and interpret this as a failure. Not I, I was happy, oh my, was I happy!  Why, well if you've read the post, "My Kid Can't Feel Her Lows" you'd know.  I immediately asked her how she knew she was low and she told me, "I can feel shaky and funny in my legs" I said," that is how daddy feels too when he is low"  Then I positively reinforced her coming to tell me, and gave her a bag of mini-eggs, I know I should pay first but this was a medical emergency.  So to me I can rest a little easier and know that she is capable of feeling and articulating when she is having a low blood sugar.  Huge relief! Hurray for the low response, yippee for the adrenaline!

Well it has been a good week in the Posting department.

Number 1 on the list: Pro Carb or Low Carb

Number 2: Have Your Cake and Eat it Too

Number 3: Timing is Everything

Thanks to all for your comments!  It is encouraging and supportive.

Cheers!

Trev

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that she felt it. It sounds like you are doing a great job in having her really stop and listen to what her body is trying to tell her.